Known as the First State, Delaware has 11 state-approved colleges and schools, including Delaware State University and the University of Delaware, that serve about 40,000 students. The University of Delaware and Delaware State University were ranked 75th of national universities and 136th of regional universities in the north in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 Best Colleges rankings. The higher education office of the Delaware Department of Education monitors colleges and universities and works to ensure that students have access to state resources for higher education. It administers financial aid programs and a state college savings plan designed to help parents and others pay for higher education.
Colleges in Delaware
- Dawn Career Institute, Inc.
- Delaware State University
- Delaware Technical & Community College Jack F. Owens Campus
- Delaware Technical & Community College Stanton/Wilmington Campus
- Delaware Technical & Community College Terry Campus
- University of Delaware
- Widener University – Delaware Campus
- Wilmington University