The below privacy statement defines the way in which TheBestColleges.org gathers and utilizes personal information provided by you.
The Gathering and Utilization of Personal Information
When you use TheBestColleges.org, we retain the right to collect personal information from you that includes:
- Your contact information, e.g. your name, telephone number, personal address, email address
- Your demographic information, e.g. personal interests, year of expected graduation, your gender
We also retain the right, as most websites do, to collect information pertaining to your computer, e.g. the operating system and/or browser you use, and the pages you surf before or after entering our site.
Information we gather is used to:
- Ascertain and endorse online degrees that are most suitable to your needs as well as give you the information you need to meet your life goals and gain a flexible online degree.
- Direct to you information you’ve requested about a given school
- Reply to requests made by customers
- Include you in newsletter circulations
- Include you in marketing communications
- Reply to questions and concerns you’ve raised
- Assess and further develop our Web TheBestColleges.org, business, and marketing endeavors
- Engage in research and analysis
Your Right to Opt-Out
We have enabled an “unsubscribe” option for you if you’d like to be excluded from our marketing communications; you will find our unsubscribe instructions within our emails to you.
We retain the right to release your personal information to businesses providing our company with administration services, for example an email service delivery. In submitting personal information, and thus an “inquiry,” to TheBestColleges.org, you are granting permission to us, our affiliated entities, and third party marketing partners/vendors to contact you. In addition, through this action you grant us, our affiliates, and partners/vendors the right to contact you for a period of time and relinquish the rights granted to you by the Do Not Call list; effectively, your submission serves as an omission to Do Not Call requirements established by state and federal governments.ÿ
We retain the right to release your personal information in instances required by law, for example to abide by a subpoena or other legal procedure, when, in good faith, we believe it is necessary to preserve our rights, ensure the safety of you or others, explore alleged fraud, or reply to a government or legal request in the instance that TheBestColleges.org is merging, acquisitioning, or selling some or all of its assets to a given third party when we have your prior consent.
Privacy Statement Changes Notification
Effective on August 18, 2012