2012 Princeton Review Party School Rankings
(Athens during the annual Halloween party / riot at Ohio University)
The Princeton Review has released their annual list of best party schools for 2012, and for the second year in a row an Athens based college has won, but this time it’s Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, displacing the University of Georgia in Athens, GA which took the top spot in 2011. Not too many surprises on this year’s list, although I had no idea the University of Vermont was a hopping location, and as I mentioned last year I’m never surprised to see Ohio University ranked highly on these lists as it’s pretty well known in Ohio that’s where to go if you want to drink and party your way through undergrad. The Princeton Review puts together its list by polling over 122,000 students. This year, the Princeton Review also had lists for “Stone Cold Sober” schools, which no surprise was topped by BYU and highly ranked several military academies.
Here’s the complete list of Princeton Review’s top party schools for 2012:
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
11. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
13. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
14. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
16. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
18. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.